So I really really had a fantastic time this year at Cargo Cult, the theme for the 2013 Burning Man festival in Black Rock City, NV.
Things were great and here’s a clip of the fantastic man sculpture burning.
I took this photo the week prior to the event on the Playa. As you can see the smaller artist’s rendition was much the same, however the slides where not as far out as planned.
Cargo Cult Artist’s rendition of the Man base with flying saucer craft.
The nearly completed man… reminds me of the death star in Return of the Jedi…near completion.
- The man burning again in case you missed it above…
This was interesting because I had just heard all about it at the Independent Music Summet (Indiefest) in Burbank where the folks putting on this event including all the hologram ‘virtual performances’ where discussing how they did it all in the conference. It was interesting to hear the manager stories from back when all of the hip hop music started and what has gone on in the world of managment since. Thanks to IESummit for that..here’s the flyer from the gigs in LA that happened with the virtual performances from Ol’ Dirty Bastard & Eazy-E, with support from their families and friends.Read More
BEQUINOX 2013 was the Inaugural Los Angeles Burning Man event and it was amazing.
This page is where i’m currently gathering and posting photos from the event and I’ll update it as I acquire more images from friends.
Here we are at BEQUINOX after the build weekend was over!!! Finally.
This took a team of 30 people (Managed by Keith Split) and a forklift.
Last Day of the Build Weekend (the angel wings got put up the next weekend prior to the burn)
I love this silhouetted shot of the workes and the crane during the Build of Seraphim. Simply amazing. Kinda reminds me of Raiders of the Lost Ark!
The girls who built everything….. Krista, Tina, Rachel, + Tony in the back!
Me (@KRONiS) prior to getting sunburnt….during….
BACK TO LA!!!!!Read More
2012 marked the rebirth of Stamina Records. The team finally came together with the right people, material & timing.
Since this is it, the end of 2012, we’ve put together some of our New Year’s resolutions for Stamina Crew
STAMINA RESOLUTIONS 2013
1. Bossin’ the baddest stage at the LA Regional Burn & all Black Rock City, NV events.
2. Cashing out daily. Currency of Love.
4. Growing stamina like the finest hydroponic….stay tuned for the liquid Stamina ‘Elixir’
We are very excited to announce that in 2013 we will be working with legendary producer Steve Thompson as a Producer for Stamina Records. We’re accepting *solicited* demos from artists with a budget to work on EPs, please send demo song links to Stamina’s A&R team via the ’CONTACT PAGE‘.
This man’s resume looks like a dictionary of the best artists from the past few decades. Here is the bio from Wiki Pedia to give you a splash of his work.
Some shots in the studio with Steve Thompson.
We’ve finally relocated our new world HeadQuarters to downtown LA!
Officially, Stamina will have the first event on LA Artwalk this THURSDAY Dec 13th, 2012 in our Downtown LA Penthouse Location.
Featuring Music from Stamina Artists and Friends, including Fashion, Art Installations and more in our new penthouse location, overlooking Pershing Square.
The Visitor From Elsewhere, John Frum. Burning Man 2013 theme announced..See our Burning Man 2012 Video Posted now
Burning Man 2012 Video, 2013 Theme Announced.
- From Stamina Music is now Edited and Ready for your enjoyment… also, look forward to 2013′s theme, just announced (hint: its aliens)Who is John Frum? He is known to us by many names, this Visitor from Elsewhere, dispenser of endless abundance and wielder of mysterious technologies: John Frum, Quetzalcoatl, Osiris, “Bob.” His cargo is splendid, his generosity boundless, his motives beyond our understanding. But across the ages and around the world, the stories all agree: one day he will return, bearing great gifts. Our theme this year asks three related questions; who is John Frum, where is he really from, and where, on spaceship Earth, are we all going?
“‘E look like you an’ me. ‘E tall man. ‘E live long.”
— Melanesian informant